Armistice (2013) Horror Movie Review
Horror movies Review
Armistice (2013) is a psychological and supernatural horror thriller that disappointed me. First time director and writer Luke Massey (500 Miles North) did extremely poorly, but then again he excelled over some well known directors this year. This movie shows greatly that it is a low budget film and is mostly shot in a house. Luke could have done a better job executing this movie because the storyline was intriguing and fresh idea for 2014 that has not been made yet. The movie contains violence, suspense, little amusement and lots of redundant moments.
A.J. Budd (Joseph Morgan - CW’s The Vampire Diaries, Immortals, CW’s The Originals, Hex) is a Royal Marine that awakens in a warehouse that he cannot remember of how he got there. He is trapped and forced to fight against a grotesque inhuman creatures every day if he wants to survive. The house is a supernatural house and it appears as though the creature cannot escape the house either. A.J. has help from a journal left by WWI Lieutenant Edward Sterling (Matt Ryan - Flypaper, Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag, Layer Cake) who once was an occupant of the house.
Joseph Morgan’s acting was the best acting in this movie and he is one of the main reasons I gave this movie a 3. The other reason is that the movie had potential but was not executed properly and it was not because of the low budget. I saw a lot of low budget movies that did overwhelmingly better than high budget movies. Armistice reminds me greatly of Groundhog Day. I would not recommend this movie because I feel it is a waste of time.
Some facts about Joseph Morgan:
* He was born on May 16, 1981 as Joseph Martin in London, England, UK.
* He grew up in Swansea, Wales.
* He went to Morriston Comprehensive School, Performing Arts at Gorseinon College, Swansea and Central School of Speech and Drama.
* He is 5’11” tall and has several tattoos on his body.
* He has acted in 23 movies/television shows not including episode of television shows.
* He was the producer of 500 Miles North, Things He Never Said and Revelation.
* He was the producer, director, editor and writer for Revelation.
* His first movies were Eroica, Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World and Henry VIII in 2003.
* He loves comic books.
* His favorite horror movie is Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles.
Synopsis:A Royal Marine awakens to find himself imprisoned and forced to fight to the death against inhuman opponents again and again. |
About Armistice (2013)
Starring: Joseph Morgan, Matt Ryan, Al Weaver, William Troughton
Director: Luke Massey
How Do You Rate These Movies?