The Secret Village (2013) Horror Movie Review
Horror movies Review
Swamy M. Kandan (Catch Your Mind) needs more practice with executing a beautiful storyline. I think the storyline had potential because the jump out of your seat factor was there but inbetween the movie just seems to drag on a little too slow. I was actually scared and jumped a few times when the scary parts came up but besides that, it was a tad boring. The story did tie in at the end well though. It explained why Rachel (Ali Faulkner - The Song, Butcher Boys, Bad Kids Go to Hell) was doing everything she did and what really happened to her during the whole movie. The acting was a little bland as well but the background music went accordingly with the scenes - made me jump a few times!!!
The Secret Village (2013) black and white movie cover made it enticing to see this movie so I did. I neither love this movie nor hate it. It is a movie that I did not mind seeing but I am not going to see again. The Secret Village contains mystery, thrills, jump out of your seat scares and a little bit of love to go with it. I like the setting and thought it went well with the theme of an old village. The Sisters were creepy as ever and suddenly appears when they want to which totally creeps me out.
The Secret Village is about journalist Rachel and an unsuccessful screenwriter Greg (Jonathan Bennett - Deadly Retreat, Submerged, Misogynist) researching an outbreak of mass hysteria in a small secluded village. Rachel and Greg came to this village for different reasons and became roommates. They both soon began to work on the same project and that is to solve the mystery case of mass hysteria. While working on the project, they grew closer to each other and Rachel began to trust Greg with her secrets and all that she has learned about the village so far.
Some facts about Jonathan Bennett:
* He is 6’2” and was born on June 10, 1981 in Rossford, Ohio.
* His birth name is Jonathan D. Bennett.
* He has two brothers (Brian and Brent) and one sister (Lisa).
* He went to his high school prom with actress Rebecca Reichert (Possessing Piper Rose, Firewall, Recoil )
* He attended the theater of Otterbein College and soon after moved to New York to pursue his acting career.
* While attending college, he obtained two small roles in “Dad” and “The Bill”.
* His first big acting gig was on soap opera show “All my Children” in 2001. He played J.R. Chandler.
* He also teaches spin class at Flywheel in Los Angeles.
* He has acted in 42 films so far and the producer of five films.
Two strangers research a mysterious outbreak of mass hysteria in a small village.
About The Secret Village (2013)
Starring: Jonathan Bennett, Ali Faulkner, Stelio Savante
Runtime: 90 minutes
Director: Swamy M. Kandan