Riddick (2013) Sci-Fi Movie Review
Sci-Fi movies Review
I could not wait to see this Sci-Fi thriller movie after I saw the teaser trailer. I was not disappointed upon seeing Riddick (2013) because the ending scenes left me smiling ear to ear. Director David Twohy (A Perfect Getaway, The Chronicles of Riddick, Pitch Black) did a phenomenal job with Riddick. He has directed 7 of the 18 movies he has written. I truly cannot wait to see more movies from this great writer and director.
Vin Diesel (Guardians of the Galaxy, Riddick: Blindsided, Babylon A.D.) outdid himself in this movie with his performance as Riddick. I love all of his movies and this is on the top of my list to see again very soon. I think this might be his best performance for the past few years but I might be wrong. It is a great entertaining action packed movie with a lot of killing to see with a group of friends. This movie is definitely not for kids as it contains full on nudity scenes that last for more than 20 seconds. There is tons of gore and violence, bad language, suspense and of course intense frightening scenes to make you quiver on the edge of your seat.
Riddick is about Richard B Riddick being stranded on a planet with a lot of different kinds of abnormal alien-like dangerous creatures. Riddick hides in the abandoned ruins where he trained himself to become immune to the venom from the scorpion like creatures called “Mud Demons”. Riddick also found an orphaned jackal kind dog and raised him as his own. Riddick and his dog defeated the Mud Demons and approaches the Savannah where they notice a series of storms unleashing numerous alien like creatures/demons or whatever you may want to call them. Riddick found an emergency beacon and activates it and identifies himself on the planet where he needs to escape. Two ships arrive after hearing the beacon and about forty five minutes of the movie is about the Mercs after they arrived to the planet where Riddick is. Riddick becomes the monster that lurks in the darkness. I will not spoil the rest of the movie so watch it and enjoy.
I would recommend all Riddick fans to see this movie and if you have never seen Riddick before, then you do not have to see the first two movies in order to see this one. You will not be lost because the movie just pulls you in and makes you want more of it after the ending credits. I have to have a Riddick marathon one day. I love how the music fits in with the action scene and it seem like pure genius to me the way it was done. The graphics were amazing and the aliens were scary.
The only inconsistency I found in Riddick is when two of the creatures that are huge can be submerged in the water in front of the stairs where Riddick has to pass to get to the other side of the planet. Then in another instance, Riddick runs in that same water with his dog without any trouble at all. On another note, the CGI dog seems out of place in the movie but I understand why it is there.
Some little facts about Vin Diesel
* He is 5”11 and was born on July 18, 1967 in Manhattan, NY as Mark Sinclair Vincent.
* He has a fraternal twin brother, Paul Vincent who is a film editor.
* He has a younger brother and younger sister.
* He grew up in Greenwich Village, Manhattan, NY with his Caucasian astrologer mother and African-American stepfather.
* He once worked as a bouncer at Mars and telemarketer selling light bulbs.
* Attended Hunter College in NY for three years majoring in English until he quite to pursue his acting career.
* Started his movie career by writing a short film about his own experience as an actor. The movie took about three days to shoot and cost $3,000. The name of the movie is Multi-Facial and was viewed at the Cannes Film Festival in 1995.
* Started a video game company, Tigon Studios in 2002 where they work on The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay movie based game.
* Vin Diesel is an actor, producer, director and writer.
Synopsis:Left for dead on a sun-scorched planet, Riddick finds himself up against an alien race of predators. Activating an emergency beacon alerts two ships: one carrying a new breed of mercenary, the other captained by a man from Riddick's past.
About Riddick (2013)
Starring: Karl Urban, Vin Diesel, Bokeem Woodbine, Nolan Gerard Funk, Raoul Trujillo, Neil Napier, Katee Sackhoff, Conrad Pla, Noah Danby, Andreas Apergis, Jan Gerste, Lani Minella, Dave Bautista, Danny Blanco Hall, Keri Hilson, Charlie Marie Dupont, Jordi Mollà, Antoinette Kalaj, Matt Nable, Alexandra Sokolovskaya
Runtime: 119 minutes
Director: David Twohy
MPAA Rating: R
How Do You Rate These Movies?
You May Also Like…