Top Upcoming Scary Horror Movies of 2015
Our users picked these new 2015 horror movies as the most anticipated movies to see in 2015. You have to check out these movies coming to theaters near you. Click to see trailers and a full descriptions of each movie.
Seventh Son February 06, 2015
Kong: Skull Island March 17, 2017
The Conjuring 2: The Enfield Poltergeist June 10, 2016
Victor Frankenstein October 02, 2015
Top Rated Horror Videos of 2015
Top rated scary horror movie trailers of 2015 from our horror fans. Rate now to see what's your top pick best upcoming movie in 2015.
Latest Horror Movie Reviews
Popular Scary Horror Movies of 2014
Upcoming Horror Movies 2014
- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (Jan 01, 2015)
- Amityville: The Awakening (Jan 02, 2015)
- The Woman in Black: Angel of Death (Jan 02, 2015)
- [REC] 4: Apocalypse (Jan 02, 2015)
- Seventh Son (Feb 06, 2015)
- Zombeavers (Mar 20, 2015)
- Air (Apr 17, 2015)
- Mad Max: Fury Road (May 15, 2015)
- Insidious: Chapter 3 (Jun 05, 2015)
- Jurassic World (Jun 12, 2015)
- Terminator Genisys (Jul 01, 2015)
- Poltergeist (Jul 24, 2015)
- Goosebumps (Aug 07, 2015)
- Sinister 2 (Aug 21, 2015)
- Victor Frankenstein (Oct 02, 2015)
- The Last Witch Hunter (Oct 23, 2015)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Dec 18, 2015)
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Mar 25, 2016)
- The Mummy (Apr 22, 2016)
- The Conjuring 2: The Enfield Poltergeist (Jun 10, 2016)
- Kong: Skull Island (Mar 17, 2017)
- Black Panther (Nov 03, 2017)
- Godzilla 2 (Jun 08, 2018)
Latest Horror Movies in Theaters
- Demonic (Dec 12, 2014)
- The Pyramid (Dec 05, 2014)
- Extraterrestrial (Nov 21, 2014)
- V/H/S: Viral (Nov 21, 2014)
- Starry Eyes (Nov 14, 2014)
- Hangar 10 (Nov 07, 2014)
- Interstellar (Nov 07, 2014)
- Blood Ransom (Oct 31, 2014)
- Saw (Oct 31, 2014)
- The ABCs of Death 2 (Oct 31, 2014)
More About Horror Films
Horror films are designed to unsettle our nerves and prey upon our hidden fears. In addition, they are meant to cause frighten, panic, dread and alarm. Most horror films include a terrifying, shocking finale, while simultaneously are both captivating and entertaining. Revolving around the darker side of life, including the strange, the forbidden and the disturbing, horror films depict a snapshot of life none of us wish to experience firsthand. They deal with our most basic nature and fears, such as our terror of the unknown, our helplessness, our nightmares, our alienation, our revulsions, our fear of death, our loss of self and our fear of sexuality. Horror films are also commonly called scary movies, macabre, spookfests and chillers.
Best Horror Films
- The Exorcist- Released in 1973, this movie involves the possession of a little girl. A young and old priest are charged to investigate, where they first come to believe, then spend the rest of the movie fighting back the devil for control of the young girl's soul. This is one of the best horror films to depict the consequences of true faith.
- Psycho- Released in 1960. Brought to life by Alfred Hitchcock, Psycho is the true epitome of suspense and tension. Revolving around a crazy Norman Bates and his even crazier mother, this movie tells the story of a killer who is brought to justice after many victims are claimed. Do you know the true secret of the Bates family?
- Alien- Released in 1979, this science fiction horror movie is set several centuries in the future when humanity has ventured into outer space. The crew of a mining vessel becomes unwitting hosts to a bloodthirsty alien life form. This is the best horror film to depict sheer claustrophobic terror.
- Jaws- Released in 1975. The first blockbuster and best horror film from director Steven Spielberg, Jaws is both a monster movie and character study. A killer shark wreaks havoc on a small town, claiming many victims, while local sheriff works to take down the menace.
- Silence of the Lambs: Released in 1991. According to the Academy, this was the best (horror) film released that year. The film's premise revolves around using an imprisoned serial killer to help catch another serial killer. This is one of the scariest, psychological thrillers ever made.
New Horror Films 2014
What will be your favorite horror film in 2014? This year looks to be a scary 2014 serving up a host of adrenaline-surging thrillers. Tales vary from haunted house tales, monster tales and supernatural beings to serial killers and malevolent entities. This year is shaping up to be everything you've ever wanted from the horror industry.
The new horror movies for 2014 feature the usual mix of sequels (Haunted House 2). Look forward to new original films like Jinn (Demons), The Returned (Zombies), Nurse 3D (Serial Killer), Sinbad: The Fifth Voyage (Fantasy/Adventure), I, Frankenstein (Monsters/Creatures), Seventh Son (Fantasy/Adventure), Devil's Due (Demons), Voodoo Possession (Demons/Zombies) and spinoff Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones (Demon Possession). Also on the way are Horror Movie reboots like Godzilla and Robocop.