Top Upcoming Scary Horror Movies of 2013
Our users picked these new horror movies of 2013 as the most anticipated movies to see in 2013. You have to check out these movies in theaters. Click to see trailers and a full description of each movie.
Divergent March 21, 2014
Edge of Tomorrow June 06, 2014
Godzilla May 16, 2014
Haunted House 2 March 28, 2014
Top Rated Horror Videos of 2013
Top rated scary horror movie trailers from our horror fans. Rate now to see what's your top pick best upcoming movie in 2013.
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Popular Scary Horror Movies of 2013
More Scary Horror Movies of 2013 »
Upcoming Horror Movies 2013 & 2014
- Here Comes the Devil (Dec 13, 2013)
- Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones (Jan 03, 2014)
- Devils Due (Jan 17, 2014)
- Seventh Son (Jan 17, 2014)
- I, Frankenstein (Jan 24, 2014)
- Sinbad: The Fifth Voyage (Jan 31, 2014)
- Nurse 3-D (Feb 07, 2014)
- Robocop (Feb 07, 2014)
- Divergent (Mar 21, 2014)
- Haunted House 2 (Mar 28, 2014)
- Godzilla (May 16, 2014)
- Maleficent (May 30, 2014)
- Edge of Tomorrow (Jun 06, 2014)
Latest Horror Movies in Theaters
- Crave (Dec 06, 2013)
- The Last Days on Mars (Dec 06, 2013)
- The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (Nov 22, 2013)
- Big Ass Spider (Oct 18, 2013)
- Hellbenders (Oct 18, 2013)
- Carrie (Remake) (Oct 18, 2013)
- I Will Follow You into the Darkness (Oct 11, 2013)
- Dracula 3D (Oct 04, 2013)
- Nothing Left to Fear (Oct 04, 2013)
- Dark Touch (Sep 27, 2013)
More About Horror Films
Horror films are designed to unsettle our nerves and prey upon our hidden fears. In addition, they are meant to cause frighten, panic, dread and alarm. Most horror films include a terrifying, shocking finale, while simultaneously are both captivating and entertaining. Revolving around the darker side of life, including the strange, the forbidden and the disturbing, horror films depict a snapshot of life none of us wish to experience firsthand. They deal with our most basic nature and fears, such as our terror of the unknown, our helplessness, our nightmares, our alienation, our revulsions, our fear of death, our loss of self and our fear of sexuality. Horror films are also commonly called scary movies, macabre, spookfests and chillers.
Best Horror Films
- The Exorcist- Released in 1973, this movie involves the possession of a little girl. A young and old priest are charged to investigate, where they first come to believe, then spend the rest of the movie fighting back the devil for control of the young girl's soul. This is one of the best horror films to depict the consequences of true faith.
- Psycho- Released in 1960. Brought to life by Alfred Hitchcock, Psycho is the true epitome of suspense and tension. Revolving around a crazy Norman Bates and his even crazier mother, this movie tells the story of a killer who is brought to justice after many victims are claimed. Do you know the true secret of the Bates family?
- Alien- Released in 1979, this science fiction horror movie is set several centuries in the future when humanity has ventured into outer space. The crew of a mining vessel becomes unwitting hosts to a bloodthirsty alien life form. This is the best horror film to depict sheer claustrophobic terror.
- Jaws- Released in 1975. The first blockbuster and best horror film from director Steven Spielberg, Jaws is both a monster movie and character study. A killer shark wreaks havoc on a small town, claiming many victims, while local sheriff works to take down the menace.
- Silence of the Lambs: Released in 1991. According to the Academy, this was the best (horror) film released that year. The film's premise revolves around using an imprisoned serial killer to help catch another serial killer. This is one of the scariest, psychological thrillers ever made.
New Horror Films 2013
What will be your favorite horror film in 2013? This year looks to be a scary 2013 serving up a host of adrenaline-surging thrillers. Tales vary from haunted house tales, monster tales and supernatural beings to serial killers and malevolent entities. This year is shaping up to be everything you've ever wanted from the horror industry.
The new horror movies for 2013 feature the usual mix of sequels (Insidious Chapter 2, V/H/S 2, Hatchet 3, Scary Movie 5). Look forward to new original films like The Frozen Ground, Cockneys vs Zombies, The Conjuring, Evidence and Under the Bed. Also on the way are Horror Movie reboots like Curse of Chucky, Carrie and Evil Dead.