Top Upcoming Scary Horror Movies of 2014
Our users picked these new 2014 horror movies as the most anticipated movies to see in 2014. You have to check out these movies coming to theaters near you. Click to see trailers and a full descriptions of each movie.
The Den March 14, 2014
The Quiet Ones April 25, 2014
Oculus April 11, 2014
Afflicted April 04, 2014
Top Rated Horror Videos of 2014
Top rated scary horror movie trailers of 2014 from our horror fans. Rate now to see what's your top pick best upcoming movie in 2014.
Popular Scary Horror Movies of 2014
Upcoming Horror Movies 2014
- In Fear (Mar 07, 2014)
- Patrick: Evil Awakens (Mar 14, 2014)
- The Den (Mar 14, 2014)
- Cheap Thrills (Mar 21, 2014)
- Divergent (Mar 21, 2014)
- Afflicted (Apr 04, 2014)
- Jinn (Apr 04, 2014)
- Under the Skin (Apr 04, 2014)
- Oculus (Apr 11, 2014)
- Only Lovers Left Alive (Apr 11, 2014)
- Death Do Us Part (Apr 15, 2014)
- Haunted House 2 (Apr 18, 2014)
- The Quiet Ones (Apr 25, 2014)
- The Sacrament (May 01, 2014)
- Mr. Jones (May 02, 2014)
- Godzilla (May 16, 2014)
- Maleficent (May 30, 2014)
- Edge of Tomorrow (Jun 06, 2014)
- Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (Jul 11, 2014)
- The Purge: Anarchy (Jul 18, 2014)
- Sin City: A Dame To Kill For (Aug 22, 2014)
- Seventh Son (Feb 06, 2015)
Latest Horror Movies in Theaters
- Lucky Bastard (Feb 14, 2014)
- The Returned (Feb 14, 2014)
- Robocop (Feb 12, 2014)
- A Field in England (Feb 07, 2014)
- Vampire Academy (Feb 07, 2014)
- Sinbad: The Fifth Voyage (Feb 07, 2014)
- Nurse 3-D (Feb 07, 2014)
- Scorned (Feb 04, 2014)
- I, Frankenstein (Jan 24, 2014)
- Devil's Due (Jan 17, 2014)
More About Horror Films
Horror films are designed to unsettle our nerves and prey upon our hidden fears. In addition, they are meant to cause frighten, panic, dread and alarm. Most horror films include a terrifying, shocking finale, while simultaneously are both captivating and entertaining. Revolving around the darker side of life, including the strange, the forbidden and the disturbing, horror films depict a snapshot of life none of us wish to experience firsthand. They deal with our most basic nature and fears, such as our terror of the unknown, our helplessness, our nightmares, our alienation, our revulsions, our fear of death, our loss of self and our fear of sexuality. Horror films are also commonly called scary movies, macabre, spookfests and chillers.
Best Horror Films
- The Exorcist- Released in 1973, this movie involves the possession of a little girl. A young and old priest are charged to investigate, where they first come to believe, then spend the rest of the movie fighting back the devil for control of the young girl's soul. This is one of the best horror films to depict the consequences of true faith.
- Psycho- Released in 1960. Brought to life by Alfred Hitchcock, Psycho is the true epitome of suspense and tension. Revolving around a crazy Norman Bates and his even crazier mother, this movie tells the story of a killer who is brought to justice after many victims are claimed. Do you know the true secret of the Bates family?
- Alien- Released in 1979, this science fiction horror movie is set several centuries in the future when humanity has ventured into outer space. The crew of a mining vessel becomes unwitting hosts to a bloodthirsty alien life form. This is the best horror film to depict sheer claustrophobic terror.
- Jaws- Released in 1975. The first blockbuster and best horror film from director Steven Spielberg, Jaws is both a monster movie and character study. A killer shark wreaks havoc on a small town, claiming many victims, while local sheriff works to take down the menace.
- Silence of the Lambs: Released in 1991. According to the Academy, this was the best (horror) film released that year. The film's premise revolves around using an imprisoned serial killer to help catch another serial killer. This is one of the scariest, psychological thrillers ever made.
New Horror Films 2014
What will be your favorite horror film in 2014? This year looks to be a scary 2014 serving up a host of adrenaline-surging thrillers. Tales vary from haunted house tales, monster tales and supernatural beings to serial killers and malevolent entities. This year is shaping up to be everything you've ever wanted from the horror industry.
The new horror movies for 2014 feature the usual mix of sequels (Haunted House 2). Look forward to new original films like Jinn (Demons), The Returned (Zombies), Nurse 3D (Serial Killer), Sinbad: The Fifth Voyage (Fantasy/Adventure), I, Frankenstein (Monsters/Creatures), Seventh Son (Fantasy/Adventure), Devil's Due (Demons), Voodoo Possession (Demons/Zombies) and spinoff Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones (Demon Possession). Also on the way are Horror Movie reboots like Godzilla and Robocop.