Forum > Creatures of the Night > For all you book readers
Subscribe to Thread New Topic Post Reply

Author: Subject: For all you book readers
Tainey
User

06-30-2010

Quote Post
  posted on 07-30-2010 07:46 pm
What would you like to see more of in modern vampire novels? Twilight saga was ok but too goody goody, Anne Rice books are great but not graphic enough on some points. House of night series is comical and a great read as is Vampire acadamy. The book I just finished writing was enjoyed by my friends before I sent off to publishers and I'm just wondering what type of things you as readers would like to see more of. Be it more graphic with the gore, sex, violence, etc. I want to make book 2 of my series alot better than book 1. It does not contain just vampires, but werewolves, shape shifters and a witch as well as fallen angels.........
Sifor
Forums Administrator

05-18-2010

Quote Post
posted on 08-01-2010 12:00 am
Hmmm... Vampire novels... Well, I am a great fan of Anne Rice personally. However, are you going for horror, or story, such as the Twilight saga (disgusting...) and Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles?

“You resemble death. quick, silent, terrifiying. yet beautiful, irresistible and forever.”

The_knight
User

07-23-2010

Quote Post
posted on 08-01-2010 12:06 am
in a book i would like to see more backround how the person before they turnd affects them after and more cretures and parts of the underground life

Life is a dream dont worry what has or has yet to come just worry about what is now for now is where we live

Tainey
User

06-30-2010

Quote Post
posted on 08-02-2010 02:06 pm
I too love Anne rice's work and no my books are not tame and lovie dovie like twilight! Knight I have detailed what the vampires lives were like before they were turned. I have tried to cover everything in the first book, theres comedy, sorrow, love, sex and gore. I have had 4/6 publishers interested in printing it for me.

I have started the 2nd book and wanted to know what sort of details would want the reader wanting to read more. ( like I said, im planning at least 4 books in the series).

When I read a good book containing the supernatural, I like to smile at something witty the author has put and I have actually cried reading some books where they got me so wrapped up in the whole story that I too felt the heart ache.

There are 3 authors that I am into at the moment. They are- PC Cast and Kirstin Cast House of night series and PC Cast Goddess of Pathalon series. Richelle Meads Vampire Acadamy and Rachelle Caine's Glass House series. smile
ANGEL0972
User

04-23-2010

Quote Post
posted on 08-03-2010 02:50 pm
I like for the novels to explore the once human side of a werewolf or vampire. I always find the human drama more terrifying than supernatural stuff. Novels such as one I have about serial killers, list all of them fro A to Z, these types of books are ghastly, but the more I read about serial killing, the more complex their twisted minds are, they can not be cured, drugged yes, cured no. I also have a book on world wide ghost and hauntings, I have also read a book about exorcisms by the Roman Catholic Church, truly eerie!
Tainey
User

06-30-2010

Quote Post
posted on 08-03-2010 02:56 pm
I'm taking note of what people want to see more of in a book and I will try my best to make it work.......

Ghosts and hauntings facinate me. A few years back myself and a few mates drove over to sussex to a very haunted ruin called bawley rectory. Wow, what a place, I was terrified and I swear things were happening there. I swore that I would never go there again haha.
Subscribe to Thread New Topic Post Reply

Quick Reply - Only Members May Post!
Did you enjoy this? If so, we’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It would be great if you subscribed to our RSS feed or signed up for email updates to get more goodness. There’s lots more where this came from!

Login / Join the Community for a free account

Forum > Creatures of the Night > For all you book readers